Experience all we have to offer while losing yourself in our small village and surrounding countryside. Peninsula is a small historic canal village with a river running through it…a little piece of green nestled quietly between Akron and Cleveland. In Peninsula, we make it easy to enjoy the simpler things in life; a walk through the woods, music on the porches on a sunny fall day, a piece of apple pie at a Farmers’ Market.
The tiny village on the Buckeye Trail is tucked into the hills where the Cuyahoga River bends sharply to form a peninsula. It retains much of its nineteenth century charm with historic architecture, interesting shops full of art and collectibles, and a bike trail where donkeys once pulled canal boats alongside a crooked river.
Take a stroll down historic Main Street, take a ride on a train or just sit and watch the world go by. Whatever you do, you’ll be glad you came. Stop in for a visit and stay for a memory.
Create your special memory by spending a relaxing or reinvigorating day in charming Peninsula and the surrounding Cuyahoga Valley:
- Explore the galleries & shops and eat dinner at one of our local restaurants
- Bike the towpath north as far as you can and grab the train back to the village and your car
- Buy food for a picnic lunch from the farmers’ market and visit one of our local farms
- Take a drawing workshop at the Peninsula Art Academy and practice your skills along the river bank
- Visit the historical sites and library and take a walking tour of the village
- Hike around Kendall Lake, explore the rocks at the Ledges, Navigate the Buckeye Trail or relax next to a waterfall